This week we are watching the TED talk "7 ways games reward the brain" by Tom Chatfield about the role of game mechanics in learning.
Step 2: Chat about it with someone or write down your response (including if it is violent disapproval!)
Step 3a: Post a comment below this blog and/OR..
Step 3b: Tweet a response - and include the hashtag #SENSDeakin so we can all see it.
TWITTER EXPLANATIONWatched @TomChatfield TED talk on game mechanics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyamsZXXF2w Interesting ideas for teaching stats #SENSDeakin
Explanation: you are saying: "the TED talk by Tom Chatfield at this address is interesting". And you are sending it to all your followers, plus those following the #SENSDeakin topic.
- @TomChatfield - Tom Chatfield's name or "handle" on Twitter. I looked this up on Google.
- The web address you paste in there will be automatically shortened by most Twitter programs like TweetDeck
- # is hashtag. It sends the Tweet to people following that topic.
- #SENSDeakin is the specific hashtag we are using for the school Twitter topic. If you search for it on Twitter you will find tweets from some people in the school already!
- If you add #yam your tweet will go into Yammer automatically (if you think it's of interest to people there).
END OF TWITTER EXPLANATION
And for your extra Weekend amusement, you may wish to have a look at this Twitter graphic from the And Far Away blog :-)